BAA’s 16th Annual Conference
British Academy of Audiology
16th Annual Conference
14th & 15th November 2019, ACC Liverpool
Organised by the British Academy of Audiology, we are delighted to announce that the 16th annual conference and exhibition will take place on the 14th and 15th November 2019 at the ACC Liverpool.
Attracting over 500 delegates and 50 exhibitors along with an array of international speakers, BAA conference is the largest audiology conference in the UK.
Registration is now open! For more information visit: www.baaudiology.org/conference
Our conference programme this year will continue to have a strong clinical focus as we feel this is what we do best in BAA and follows guidance from our delegate feedback from previous years. There will be updates from the world of research, overviews of policy updates, exciting service innovations and examples of clinical excellence. Our main aim is always for delegates to leave the conference with a clear idea of how they can implement what they have heard in their own departments or careers. All our invited speakers are asked to summarise their talks with the popular ‘3 things to do on Monday’ message. Key sessions will cover paediatric assessment, vestibular updates for both assessment and rehabilitation, how to deliver patient centred care, implementing new technology in both the NHS and Private Sector and implantable devices.
We are continuing with our streamlined programme with only 3 main parallel tracks, there will be a range of invited speakers and free papers and after lunch each day longer workshops. We have a number of new additions for 2019, on the Thursday we will have a walk-through dementia clinic where you will be able to review and find resources on display for your own clinic and speak to experts in the field. On Friday we will have a pre-bookable IDA Paediatric workshops running in the morning, tickets will be released for this shortly before conference at no extra cost for delegates on a first come first served basis. Friday afternoon bring the return of the successful CRN workshop for those of you looking to incorporate research into your clinical role. During the breaks you will be able to drop into short presentations and demonstrations in our new Pods which will be in the exhibition hall.
Conference Highlights include:
- The Adrian Davis lecture to be presented by John Day, Clinical Director of Audiology, Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
- The Bamford lecture to be presented by Professor De Wet Swanepoel, President of the International Society of Audiology
- Other Keynote speakers include Professor Larry Humes, Indiana University Bloomington and Dr Sally Rosengren, University of Sydney
- Parallel sessions looking at all aspects of Audiology across all sectors from research to clinical practice, encompassing commercial aspects.
- Thursday to include a walk-through dementia friendly clinic room
- Friday morning to include an IDA Paediatric Workshop – ticket only!
- Friday afternoon to include a Clinical Research Workshop
- Awards programme to acknowledge individuals and teams who have excelled in the Audiology profession
- The UK’s largest Audiology exhibition
- Exciting social event and networking opportunities
- NEW FOR 2019: Pop-up workshops in the Exhibition hall
- And much more!
To view the programme visit: www.baaudiology.org/conference
Free paper and poster presentations form an integral part of the conference and are a fantastic way for those working within the audiology field to share best practice, research and network with colleagues.
Successful submissions will have their research displayed at conference or may be asked to present orally to Audiologists from the UK and beyond.
NEW FOR 2019: Our SPARK talks are short 10 minute presentation slots in the BAA pod in the exhibition hall.
Submitting an abstract is an easy online process and we ask that all submissions are made before the closing date on Monday 15th July 2019.
Every year at the BAA Annual Conference, we take the time to acknowledge those individuals and teams who have excelled, or shown exceptional commitment to the Audiology profession over the past year.
If you think someone deserves recognition, please take the time to nominate so we can all celebrate their achievements.
The closing date for nominations is Friday 23rd August 2019.
REGISTER NOW at www.baaudiology.org/conference
Early bird price valid until 23rd September 2019
For further information email email@example.com or phone 01506 292 045